I wanted to start sharing some of my favorite things. I am going to be covering a lot of different areas, from motherhood to photography!!
1. Aden + Anais – muslin receiving blankets - http://www.adenandanais.com
I loved these with my last baby, they are so big, soft and stretchy. I really liked them in the summer because they are light and I often used one as a breastfeeding coverup. I still wrap my 2 year old in them when we cuddling, it is her blankie now. These are a must for any new mom and her baby!
2. 4Cats Art Studio - the best, most fun art studio ever – http://www.4cats.com/
I first found out about 4cats in December when I put my oldest in a one day workshop making penguin snow globes. We both liked the studio right away, it was such a fun & funky place to encourage art in children. Since then I have put Ashlyn in their artist of the month classes. During the winter term she learned about Horace Pippin and Michelangelo, and now in the spring term she is learning about Katsushika Hokusai & Leonard da Vinci! They also offer parties, different classes (some for homeschoolers), workshops and camps for ages 2-15. They have two locations in Calgary… Inglewood and new one in Edgemont.
3. Aha! Parenting – parenting advice – http://www.ahaparenting.com/
I like to read blogs… on many different subjects, but mostly on parenting and homeschooling. I just came across this blog and read this first post (in a series) called “Want To Stop Yelling? Here’s How“. I thought is was such a great read. It is important to realize that us yelling is really about our own issues and not our children’s. If we can stay calm and address the issue a different way, we are in return teaching our children how to control their own emotions. I just got finished the next post called “6 Simple Steps to Stop Yelling” it is full of great ideas to help us who tend to yell.
4. Homemade cleaning products
When I became pregnant with my oldest I hated using harsh chemicals for cleaning, it can’t be good for me to be breathing, let allow my baby. I didn’t want my baby to be crawling on floors or in bathtub that had been cleaned with those harsh chemicals. So I stared making my own products, yes that is right! By using only white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, lemon juice, tee tree oil & castile soap I make many different concoctions to clean. My all purpose cleaning spray: 1 part water to 3 parts vinegar, 30 drops of tee tree oil, 1 tbsp of lemon juice & castile soap. Tubs & toilet scrub: 1/4 cup baking soda and enough castile soap to make a paste, I also add in 10-15 drops of tea tree oil. Making your own cleaning products is easy, healthy and very affordable!!
5. Provolone Veggie Pasta – a family favorite dinner recipe share
One of my families favorites is this pasta dish that is sorta made up and you can use almost anything you have on hand. Sorry for the way I write out my recipes, most of it always comes from my head! If you have any questions please email me!!
- pasta of choice – cooked al dente and spread into the bottom of a oven safe dish
(here I used brown rice pasta, but I have used any whole wheat pasta and also cheese tortellini too)
- meat – I either boil a few chicken breasts and pull them apart or use sliced ham, chopped – place over pasta
- veggies – peppers, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, tomatoes and/or onions chopped thin and layer over pasta & meat
- cheese sauce – using 1% milk, butter & gluten free flour I make a simple rue. I add 1/2 cup of velveeta cheese & 1/2 cup chopped provolone cheese. I let it melt & thicken and then pour over the dish.
- top – I take 2 slices of bread, break or chop into pieces, then toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil and spread on top of the whole dish and then i finish with a bit of smoked paprika.
- bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Enjoy!!!
Any questions, comments or ideas? Please leave it below or contact me via email!!